My Own Philippa
I feel I ought to serve you the same turn and make you wait an age for a letter, but instead I shall feel morally superior and reply promptly!
Though, I do fear this will turn out to be the most disorganized missive to date. You see, I had started to write you on three separate occasions, but instead have managed to loose all three sheets of paper. My room is a very sad state at present, worse then ever before.
Miss Ramstickle has been driving us poor girls rather hard of late. You see, the house that she occupies is really her bothers. He is some sort of wealthy merchant, tobacco I suspect. In short he is due home soon and so all must be made ready. Of course, with the exacting standards of Miss Ramstickle, nothing is perfect and must be done over and over again. It is most fatiguing.
Though, I must say that Little Lucy is quite the worst off. She is a simple, stupid girl that actually wants to please The Stick! The little goose works ever so hard, running nearly mad with worry that nothing will be ready. This is utter nonsense, as the place looks remarkably well.
The one fortunate circumstance is the short reprieve we are to enjoy from The Stick’s incessant demands. As her bother is expected tomorrow, we are to have the next two days off! If I wasn’t quite so tired, I would be over come with enthusiasm. For now I am simply looking forward to some rest.
I must say, I am quite envious after your adventures at University. Oh, why I couldn’t I be there enjoying a lovely romp! However, as to your particular situation, what can I possibly advise? It is not an area I am particularly well versed in. Though, the thought of it has cheered me immensely, I laugh just thinking of being is such a situation myself as it would be truly absurd. Still, I suppose one must try to be firm and full of resolve with Andrew. You could try completely repulsing him if you wish to cut his acquaintance completely.
Oh, dear this letter is certainly lacking! I shall try to improve tomorrow, when perhaps something has occurred.
The days certainly seem shorter here than they are at home at this time of year. Despite this deficiency of daylight hours, I was able to enjoy a rare dry and sunny day. I spent my time in town with Molly McGregor, another girl under Miss Ramstickle’s guidance.
Molly is from
We had a charming time abusing The Stick and making elaborate plans for running away. One plan had us moving to
My evening has also been quite relaxing, though I am sure that putting my room to rights would have been the better employment of my energies, I simply could not be bothered. In stead, it is still a shambles with not but a wee path from my door to my desk to my rumpled bed. Tomorrow, perhaps I will be productive. Until that point,
I send you my very best.
Yours in recovering spirits (yeah for days off!)
Bitsy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home